ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS TRAVEL BY TRAIN OR BUS
The POSSIBILITIES WITH THE TRAIN:
- Train station (Westbahn). From Munich: via Rosenheim - Kufstein - Wörgl - Fieberbrunn (sched. travel time: 2:40 hrs). From within Austria: from Innsbruck approx. 1.5 hrs, from Vienna approx. 5.5 hrs
- NEW from summer 2017, guest card = train ticket. Your PillerseeTal guest card includes travel on ÖBB local train services (excludes IC, EC und Railjet) on the Hochfilzen-Wörgl line. Environmentally friendly, quick, and easy! Below are links to help you in planning your journey to Fieberbrunn by train.
- Austrian railways timetable information at oebb.at
- German railways timetable information at bahn.de
Overnight at the destination - the ÖBB Nightjet
The ÖBB Nightjet takes you comfortably and stress-free from Amsterdam via Germany to Tyrol every day. The stops are next to the state capital Innsbruck, Kufstein and Wörgl. Guests of the PillerseeTal can then continue their journey from Wörgl to the PillerseeTal respectively Fieberbrunn free of charge with the guest card.
More information about the ÖBB Nightjet
Our bus offers
With your guest card, the use of the buses in the PillerseeTal is free of charge!
Also in winter: you can use the ski bus with your ski ticket within Fieberbrunn, Leogang, Saalbach Hinterglemm, Viehhofen, Zell am See and Kaprun with no additional costs. As well as the connections: Fieberbrunn – Leogang, Leogang – Saalfelden, Saalbach Hinterglemm – Viehhofen, Viehhofen – Zell am See and Zell am See – Kaprun. The ski bus service between Leogang and Fieberbrunn operates only during the peak season. The buses run regularly (see schedules at bus stops). Please note that weather conditions or unforeseeable passenger peaks may lead to bus delays. There is no ski bus connection between Saalbach Hinterglemm and Leogang, between Saalbach Hinterglemm and Fieberbrunn as well as between Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn and Zell am See-Kaprun.
Download ski bus timetable Fieberbrunn (including connection to Leogang)
There’s a lot of useful information available on the SmartRideApp (the VVT App) such as how to find out the best way of getting to where you want to go, when the next bus leaves, and whether there are any delays or building works to be expected. The VVT SmartRide App can be obtained from the Apple store and the Google play store.
Quick and easy with the car
- arriving from the North: Kiefersfelden (German border town) - Highway Inntalautobahn A12 - exit Kufstein Süd (South) (Felbertauern - toll-free): Road 173, till Road B312 towards Salzburg Lofer - St.Johann - Fieberbrunn. Estimated travel time: Munich-Fieberbrunn approx 1,5 hrs.
- arriving from the West: Highway Inntalautobahn A12 - exit Wörgl Ost (East)- St. Johann i. T.
- geodata Valley station: 47° 28′ 5" N, 12° 33′ 5" O